Friday, September 25, 2015
- Late:30 pm – Arrive at the DHS after yet another WIN by our Dickinson Gator Football team.
- Later:30 pm – As you drive by Whataburger with a sense of melancholy, your faced pressed against the glass of the car leaving a “fog stain” on the window, you realize that you would rather eat your heart healthy meal that you know will energize and prepare your body for tomorrow.
- Latest:30 pm – You put your marching shoes under your pillow as a sacrifice to the marching gods and snuggle into bed with visions of sounding like our All-Staters Javier, Joeiesha, Jackson, and Abby on the field.
Saturday, September 26, 2015
- 6:30 am – You wake up to “Eye of the Tiger” with eye black painted under each eye.
- 6:35 am – Pep talk in front of the mirror and eat a breakfast of champions.
- 7:00 am – Arrive at the band hall and push through the crowd of fans who camped outside the band hall anxiously awaiting your arrival. Give at least one autograph.
- 7:30 am –RUN THROUGH with the fundamentals of Ronnie Howard, Ryan Crowson, Jim Tran, Savanna Martin and Jason Romero.
- 8:30 am – FIRST LOAD the semi, THEN EAT the breakfast food provided by the Cheesecake Factory… Kidding, but we do have some people who need a huge THANK YOU named Band Parents for volunteering their time and energy. LASTLY, do a final check to make sure you have everything you need PACKED.
- 9:45 am – We roll out in style in our yellow DeLoreans and chart the course “Back to the Future” for Friendswood.
- 10:15 am – As we pull into Friendswood, we blow past the red carpet and the E! publicity crew wanting an interview from any Dickinson High School band member.
- 11:20 am – WARM-UP. Make sure we organize our hats, gloves, gauntlets, and possibly our coat jackets.
- 12:15 pm – The Dickinson Gator Band gives a PERFORMANCE that will be studied by future band generations on YouTube. As you exit the field, the crowd goes wild and starts throwing babies, money and refrigerators. Push through the paparazzi taking pictures and head back to the load truck so we can re-load the vehicle
- 1:00 pm – We look skyward as the heavens part, angels sing, harps play and CHICK-FILA magically falls out of the sky into your hands.
- 2:30 pm – The AWARD ceremony begins
- 3:30 pm – Mr. B turns down a Jimmy Fallon interview so we can head back to the high school and REHEARSE.
- 4:30 pm – Sports Center has set up their “Game Day Table” just outside the garage waiting to provide commentary on how focused and intense our REHEARSAL is.
- 5:30 pm – EAT the cold cut buffet that was imported from France… kidding (I hope you didn’t fall for it twice), but we do have some people who need a huge THANK YOU named Band Parents for volunteering their time and energy. LASTLY, PACK and do a final check to make sure you have everything you need.
- TBD – Return to Friendswood for our Finals performance.