Dickinson High School
|Dickinson Gator Band|
|The Band Directors|
|September 20, 2017|
|Show up with ready to do your BEST||
|MACROBUTTON CheckIt ¨ Urgent||MACROBUTTON CheckIt ¨ For Review||MACROBUTTON CheckIt ¨ Please Comment||MACROBUTTON CheckIt ¨ Please Reply||MACROBUTTON CheckIt ¨ Please Recycle|
Friday, September 29, 2017
- Late:00 – Gators win another AMAZING football game that doesn’t require multiple overtimes.
- Late:15 – We arrive back at the band hall and EVERY student hangs up their uniform correctly. Be careful of what you choose as your 5 star midnight dining experience. The Cheesecake Factory is open until midnight…just sayin.
- Late:30 – You arrive at home to find a mint on your pillow, but before you set your alarm for 6:29 am and nestle into bed to dream about AMAZING fundamentals you decide to get everything ready for tomorrow’s marching contest.(See reverse side for checklist.)
Saturday, September 20, 2017
- 6:29 am – Your alarm goes off to you wake to 0/100 by Drake and the action montage scene of a movie plays in your mind as you prepare to head to the band hall. (Hydrate with the natural spring ultra-filtered water that Dickinson has to offer before you hop in your 1967V8 Camaro and head to the band hall.
- 7:27 am – You arrive at the band hall and push through the paparazzi to polish your instruments.
- 8:30 am – You hand your cell phone to your assistant, and ask him/her to hold all of your calls because you will not need it as you cross onto the field without talking.
- 9:44 am – We dine like kings on the breakfast feast that was provided by Perry’s. Make sure you load your instrument onto the 18 Wheeled Chariot before you eat. Make sure to thank the parent volunteers who are giving of their time to help you be successful.
- 11:13 am – Our 4 Generals call us to attention in the band hall and we are ready for an inspection that the Marines would be proud of.
- 12:00 pm – We peel out in our yellow McLaren p1 and accelerate from 0 – 65 in 60 seconds….give or take a few.
- 1:01 pm – We screech into Stallwarth Stadium in Baytown. We organize ourselves into our lines and find the nearest potty facilities. (See reverse side for procedures)
- 2:45 pm – We arrive at our warm-up area with the highest level of F*CUS possible.
- 3:45 pm – We enter the field and execute our best fundamentals musically and visually. The crowd is so blown away with our performance that ESPN 41.5 is requesting interviews.
- 3:59 pm – We make our way through the paparazzi escorted by the secret service to return to the truck and buses. Be sure to load all the equipment first. We then change into our black shorts, theme shirt, band shoes, and black socks. (See Reverse Side For Procedures) The heavens part, the angles sing, and Chick-Fil-A then falls from the sky. Please be sure to throw away our trash correctly please. We need to represent ourselves well.
- 5:29 pm – We return to the stands (See Procedures) and graciously await the award ceremony.
Chick-Fil-A and Starbucks are the nectar of the gods